If you plan on hosting a party or are invited to bring a dish to a pot-luck, these easy-peasy Won-ton S’mores are simple to make, (even for a beginner) and will have everyone who tries them, begging for S’More! Best yet, everything is available here at Los Mercados and these delicious bites of cheer can be made in advance. Hang on to this recipe because they are great to whip up any time you are craving some warm chocolaty, oooey-gooey deliciousness.
1 12-oz package wonton wrappers (Available in Mikey’s Delicatessen)
1 12-oz bag semisweet or milk chocolate chips (Avialable in k’rico:)
1 10.5-oz bag mini marshmallows (Available in k’rico:)
1. Preheat the oven to 350?F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Fill a small bowl or ramekin with water. Lay 4-6 won-tons flat on a clean cutting board or work surface and place 4 mini marshmallows and 6 chocolate chips just off-center on each won-ton.
3. Use your fingers to wet the edges of the won-ton and fold the edges over, point to point, to make a filled triangle. Press firmly to make sure the wet edges adhere to each other, sealing with more water as needed. You can also use the tines of a fork to crimp the edges.
4. Line-up the finished won-tons on the baking sheet and repeat with the remaining won-tons.
5. Bake for 5 minutes, then brush each won-ton lightly with vegetable oil. Return to the oven for approximately 5 more minutes, until the won-tons are lightly golden and crispy.
6. Let cool for 2-3 minutes before serving.
7. You can drizzle with melted chocolate or dust with powdered sugar for presentation.
Tip: #1- You can use Nestle Toll-House chocolate chips but white chocolate lovers may want to try them with our white chocolate chips available in k’ rico:)
Tip #2- Won-tons can be baked and cooled a day in advance, then stored at room temperature in an airtight container overnight.